Tupac Amaru Shakur was born June 16, 1971 and was tragically murdered September 13, 1996. Also known as 2Pac and Makaveli, Tupac was both an American rap legend and actor. With over 75 million records sold worldwide, Shakur is one of the best-selling music artists of all time. His double disc albums All Eyez on Me (1996) and his Greatest Hits (1998) are some of the best-selling albums in the United States. 2Pac is still consistently ranked as one of the greatest and most influential rappers of all time. He's also been listed and ranked as one of the greatest artists of any genre by many publications, including Rolling Stone, which ranked him 86th on its list of The 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
Here are his 5 most change-inspiring quotes:
1. “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.”
2. “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.”
3. “Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature's laws wrong, it learned to walk without having feet. Funny, it seems to by keeping it's dreams; it learned to breathe fresh air. Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else even cared.”
4. “I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it.”
5. “I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.”